Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 13, 2001 - 2:46 PM
The news keeps saying we need to try and move forward. Of course, that doesn't mean forgetting, but not letting the acts of the terrorists control us. It's so very hard trying to follow that advice though.
We've replaced the side banner on the TrekToday main page and the ads at the bottom of news stories with links to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund at Amazon. Please, consider donating a little something.
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Monday September 13, 1999:
- CBS/Viacom Merger - What does that mean for Voyager?
The merger of CBS and Viacom raised questions about the future of Voyager network UPN. The network is owned for 50% by Viacom, and this could be a serious problem for it, as government regulations do not allow any one company to own more than one nationwide network. It was reported that Viacom was looking for a way to still maintain UPN, but rumours emerged that the network might be shut down. The following appeared on Backstage Pass:
First, the deal with CBS may take as much as a year to get ironed out, so it's pretty certain that Star Trek: Voyager and 7 Days will get a full season's run. After that, look for Voyager to leave the air with a new Trek series to begin on CBS around the middle of the 2000 - 2001 season. It will be the first Trek series on a major (Big 3) network since 1969. Another thought that has been mentioned around the studio has been a big sweeps mini series for Trek's 35th anniversary in 2001.
Of course, with the benefit of two years of hindsight, we know that UPN is now in its best position ever, with a new Trek series set to debut on it in a few short weeks.
More headlines form that day can be found in our September 1999 archive.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'A Piece Of The Action' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Empath' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'The Pegasus' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Let He Who Is Without Sin' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Memorial' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Ethics' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Der Pakt mit dem Teufel' ('Devil's Due') at 16:00 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'A Taste Of Armageddon' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'A piece of the Action' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Elaan of Troyius ' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by TNG's 'Homeward' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's 'Things Past' will be shown at 4:00 p.m, followed by Voyager's 'Tsunkatse' at 5:00 p.m, with a repeat at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation episdode 'The Outcast' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Beweise' at 16:00 ECT.