News BulletsBy Christian
April 12, 2000 - 11:56 PM
- Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga sends along word that 'Rated X', a new film starring Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen and Nicole deBoer (Ezri Dax), will premiere on Showtime on the 13th of May. I'd provide you with a link to more information about the film on the Showtime web site, but it appears the xenophobes running that site have decided to lock non-Americans out.
- Reuters' Steve James is reporting that Spacehab, Inc., is planning to build, launch and deploy a media module on the International Space Station. By 2002, they hope to broadcast news, entertainment and advertising from this multimedia module, which they plan to call 'Enterprise'. Any name similarities with Captain Kirk's starship are purely coincidental, according to the company.
- Susanna Thompson, who appeared in 'Dark Frontier' as the Borg Queen, has joined the cast of TBS Superstation's remake of the Western classic 'High Noon'. The film will air on the Superstation in August 2000, according to the company's press release.
- The latest issue of the official Star Trek Communicator features a cover story on the return of Kes in the episode 'Fury'. In addition, the magazine contains an interview with Garrett Wang (Harry Kim), a preview of the Troi/Barclay return in 'Life Lines', a look at Voyager's season end and an update on Series V. Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will appear Wedneday evening on The Daily Show on Comedy Central, presumably to plug the X-Men movie. The show airs at 11:00pm Eastern Time. Thanks go out to Eston Melton for this!
- AnotherUniverse's Daily Buzz is reporting that William Shatner (James T. Kirk) will lend his vocal talents to 'The Kid', a full-lenght adult-oriented telefilm being developed for Showtime. The movie, which was created by cartoonist Gahan Wilson and writer/producer Stan Daniels, is based on the comic strip Nuts, dealing with a 10-year-old boy with an overactive imagination.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.