News BulletsBy Michelle
March 13, 2006 - 10:33 PM
- WFAA in Texas has an article on George Takei (Sulu), who will be honoured in Dallas tonight at the first Legacies Banquet organized by the Asian American Journalists Association.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) has donated one of his A Christmas Carol suits to the breast cancer charity he hosted on March 12th. The auction is at eBay. Thanks to The PSN.
- Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Poirot: Cards on the Table will air on ITV1 (UK) at 9 p.m. on Sunday, March 19th, according to a post at SidCity Forums.
- The Sci Fi Channel announced officially that Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica will return in the fall for a 20-episode third season.
- The Internet Movie Database reports that John Savage (Captain Ransom) will star in the horror thriller My Soul To Take, directed by Spencer Jay Kim.
- Need tech cards in your CCG deck? See Decipher's latest article.
- TrekUnited has a new edition of Hailing Frequencies Open.
- Gamasutra has posted a review of the book Artificial Life Possibilities: A Star Trek Perspective by Penny Baillie-De Byl.
- Fan film Starship Farragut announced a partnership with Star Trek: New Voyages which will have each film's lead characters (Captain Kirk of the Enterprise and Captain Carter of the Farragut) appear in cameos in their next films, according to a press release at Yahoo!
- IGN has new screen shots of the upcoming game Star Trek: Legacy.
- The first guests for the Galileo 7 convention in Europe have been announced: Casey Biggs (Damar), Marc Alaimo (Dukat) and Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, Shran).
- Andrea Martin (Ishka) has been added to the guest list for Creation's anniversary convention in Las Vegas in August.
- In his LiveJournal, writer Keith R.A. DeCandido displayed the cover of the Corps of Engineers book Aftermath.
- Science Daily reports on efforts to develop a "tricorder" to analyse the minerals on Mars.
- The San Francisco Chronicle worries that human space debris is creating "Space: the final junkyard." Thanks to Bill.
- Soul of Star Trek has posted the second part of a consideration of evil and choice in "A Taste of Armageddon."
- And, because what would this column be without a William Shatner (Kirk) item, we would like to remind everyone that How William Shatner Changed the World reruns on the History Channel Thursday night at 8. If you can't wait that long, he is hosting a special on Comets: Prophets of Doom on the History Channel tonight!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.