Site ColumnsBy Lisa
February 13, 2002 - 7:55 PM
I have just emerged from a great void. Yes, I've been without cable television, reliable telephone and internet since Sunday night. (It all comes through the same cable).
The internet disappeared at just about the same time I was posting a review round-up here at the site. I tried reverting back to stone knives and bearskins - read: dial-up access - but the connection kept dropping after a few minutes.
I felt quite sorry for the nice repairman who appeared on Tuesday morning. Not least because he arrived at 8:00 a.m sharp, waking me up and thus having to lay eyes on me before I was fit for human consumption - BC - Before Coffee. He tried replacing the box that sits under the TV twice, went outside and fiddled with the box on the outside of the house for over an hour before admitting defeat and saying it was a network problem and muttering something about faulty cabs. Whatever they are.
So I got woken up at some ungodly hour again today by the sound of a pneumatic drill digging up the pavement outside the house. Whatever they did, everything works now. I wonder why it suddenly stopped working in the first place?
This did give me a bit of time to catch up on everything else. I finally defeated the phantom (both times) in 'Devil May Cry,' made substantial inroads on 'The Dice Man' by Luke Reinheart, and watched the last two episodes of the season I'd taped of Stargate SG-1. It's rather nice to be back though.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Would you like to be an extra in a Trek episode?
-Are the Q the ultimate evolution?
-Which episode had the best teaser?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Sunday February 13, 2000:
- Robert Picardo Interview
The actor behind Voyager's EMH was interviewed about a number of topics, including battle scenes on the Bridge:
I am the worst jolter in the cast, in my opinion. I do not jolt well. I look silly. Kate [Mulgrew] is quite balletic. I am usually off from the rest of the cast, so I jolt early or to often late. But we have some excellent jolters, Garrett [Wang], Tim [Russ] and Robbie [McNeill] are world class jolters. You have to work on the bridge full time to be a good jolter.
- German TrekBBS Opens
The German Trek BBS is two years old today. If you speak German and would enjoy talking about Trek in a language other than English, why not go along?
More headlines can be foudn in our archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Shuttlepod One.' Here's how the official site describes the episode:
On a routine shuttlepod mission to investigate an asteroid field, Trip and Reed find themselves suddenly cut off from the Enterprise and become convinced that the mothership has been destroyed. With a limited oxygen supply and almost no chance of being rescued, the opposite-minded twosome must battle their annoyance with one another while also coming to terms with their impending demise.
Further information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Wounded' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Ethics' at 12:00am.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Squire of Gothose' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Nth Degree' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Shadowplay' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'The Swarm' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Rise' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Miri' at 23:45. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Devil's Due' at 8:00 p.m eastern time, with 'The Outcast' at 11:30 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Way to Eden' at 6:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original series episode 'Arena' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, with TNG's 'Qpid' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Playing God' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'False Profits' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Is There in Truth No Beauty?' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Favourite Son' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!