News BulletsBy Michelle
November 12, 2005 - 11:27 PM
- The Sid City Forums has new photos of Alexander Siddig (Bashir) in Syriana.
- CSI Files has an interview with former Star Trek writer Naren Shankar, who said that being the showrunner on CSI is important to him because "the show reinvented the genre."
- TV Shows on DVD says that Paramount appears to be gearing up for a release next year of Star Trek: The Animated Series on DVD.
- A "Trekkie whose latest obsession is data mining and statistical analysis of econometric data for an upcoming real estate investment application" has created a Geek Gorgeous 2006 calendar, a wall calendar for pinup girl geeks, notes News.com.
- Editor Keith R.A. DeCandido has posted details at the TrekBBS about the Starfleet Corps of Engineers relaunch in November 2006.
- There's a round-up of scientific news related to Star Trek at StarTrek.com, including an appearance by Armin Shimerman (Quark) and a charity auction supported by Robert Picardo (The Doctor).
- StarTrek.com also has a new Trek Life comic about the holiday season.
- Meanwhile, Sev Trek has a new caption contest about why Klingons like Shakespeare.
- Here it is: the Shatner item! Yahoo! has published a DaimlerChrysler press release noting that in DaimlerChrysler Canada's "You Could be a Millionaire" promotion, "legendary Emmy award-winning Canadian actor William Shatner will star in a "humourous television advertising campaign" that will give a million dollars to one customer. The ads, added a vice president of marketing, "absolutely reflect his personal touch and wit."
- On Monday, November 14th at 10:00 p.m. Eastern time, the producers of TheFandom.com invite fans to a live show with interactive chat to discuss what people would like to hear about on TheFandom.com.
- Section 31 has announced that it is shutting down.
- TrekPulse has new screencaps from Deep Space Nine's "Crossover" and "The Collaborator".
- The Digital Bits is giving away a set of Enterprise: The Complete Fourth Season DVDs. BellaOnline has a review of that same box set.
- Decipher has announced that the "To Boldly Go" CCG expansion has been delayed until December, which will also force the delays of "Dangerous Missions" and "The Enterprise Collection."
- And finally, The Globe and Mail fantasises about how useful it would be to have a transporter, given the number of other Trek-predicted items that are now reality.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.