News BulletsBy Caillan
November 12, 2002 - 4:45 PM
- According to StarTrekUK.com, Majel Roddenberry (Christine Chapel, Lwaxana Troi) will be appearing on the November 19 edition of Open House on Channel 5.
- An interview with Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) can be found in the current issue of Indy Men's Magazine. Thanks to Robert Lyons for this!
- Paramount Germany has released a 'survival box' to house the TNG DVD sets, according to TrekNews.de.
- BestBuy.com is giving away special bonus discs with copies of the Next Generation season six and seven DVD box sets. Thanks to Michael Kukielka for this!
- According to his official web site, Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir) will make a guest appearance in an episode of the British series Spooks to air in February 2003. Thanks to Melissa for this!
- A report on the German TrekDay 2002 convention, which featured an appearance by Robert Beltran (Chakotay), is available here at TrekZone.de.
- Gisele La Roche has reviewed 'Marauders' at Voyager's Delights and StarfleetCom.net. "The direction is fine and the acting is solid enough and it's not that it's a bad episode, it's just that it's well...boring," she wrote, awarding the episode a C minus.
- Tim Lynch at Psi Phi had similar feelings on the episode, giving 'Marauders' a score of 4 out of 10.
"It provoked little reaction in me other than the occasional bout of laughter that I suspect was unintended by the episode. It stands as almost a textbook case of how to do generic television. It's not even generic Trek, plentiful though that's been at times as well. It's just generic television."
Read the full analysis here.
- Paul T. Semones at the Library of the Prophets has reviewed the Ships of the Line 2003 Calendar and 'Mission Gamma: Twilight', which were both awarded grades of A plus.
- Sci-Fi Talk will be running a series of Star Trek: The Next Generation 15th Anniversary interviews every Wednesday.
- Trek5.com has started a new feature series, entitled Trek's Finest Hour. The first edition looks at Voyager's 'Meld.'