News BulletsBy Caillan
October 12, 2002 - 12:36 PM
- An AP article about LeVar Burton's (Geordi La Forge) appearance at the 50th annual William Allen White Children's Book Awards ceremony last Saturday can be found here. Thanks to John Holt for this!
- René Auberjonois (Odo) recently talked about his role in the upcoming Broadway musical 'Dance of the Vampires'. "The astonishing thing, if we pull it off, about the show is that it walks a line between being a spoof and being [legitimate]," he told Playbill. "The story is very compelling and wonderfully terrifying and quite touching at the end."
- Rene Echevarria has stepped down as showrunner of the ABC drama MDs citing "creative differences," according to the Hollywood Reporter. His two-year development deal remains unaffected.
- According to a recent article in the Sydney Morning Herald, Australia's Network Ten will have exclusive rights to all Paramount programming from 2004 onwards. This would seem to include the various Star Trek series, which currently air on the Nine Network. Thanks to Shaun Turner at TV Schedules International for this!
- According to AP, Leonard Nimoy (Spock) has been dropped from the guest list at an upcoming fundraiser for the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle due to his new photography book 'Shekina,' which features nude women. "It may be an anomaly. I hope it is. We have not had this kind of reaction anyplace else," Nimoy said. Read more here. Thanks to Jim Gosney for this!
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the upcoming Enterprise episode 'Marauders' can be found at StarTrekUK.
- The credits for 'Dead Stop' have been posted at Psi Phi.
- A roundup of Trek alumni in film and television can be found at StarTrek.com.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.