News BulletsBy Caillan
August 12, 2001 - 10:11 AM
- Over at Star Trek: Hypertext, Jamahl Epsicokhan has posted his review of Voyager's seventh season, as well as the announcement that he will be reviewing Enterprise this Fall.
- The official site has posted a science round-up, dealing with the realities of Mirror Universes and other phenomena seen in the various Trek series.
- Zap2It has posted an article about Sex And The City actress Kim Cattrall (Valeris) appearing for news interviews, and endorsing Nikon cameras in the process.
- In her latest column at About.com, Julia Houston looked at the odd-numbered Trek feature films. Here's an extract from the article:
The successful movies have been committed to their stories. The unsuccessful ones have instead worried about remaining within acceptable "Star Trek limits." The bad films have not been lacking in good concepts, special effects or good acting. They have simply failed to put these to good use, being too "faithful" to supposed Star Trek formulas.
To find out more, read the full article.
- The Official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage reported that Jeri Ryan (Seven Of Nine) will soon be appearing on Extra and Access Hollywood, as well as Entertainment Weekly's Fall TV preview issue. More information can be found at the site.
- The Washington Post has posted an article about the 'Hello, Goodbye: Pilots, Premieres and Final Episodes' exhibition at the Museum of Television & Radio in New York and Los Angeles. The collection includes the original Star Trek pilot, 'The Cage.' Thanks to Helena for this!
- Totally Kate! has posted a transcript of Kate Mulgrew's (Kathryn Janeway) Saturday appearance at the Voyager: The Return convention.
- In the latest issue of Star Trek Monthly, Captain Kathryn Janeway, played by Kate Mulgrew, was voted Trek's greatest woman. Uhura, Kira Nerys and Seven of Nine filled out second, third and fourth positions respectively. Thanks to Ian Cullen at CyFy Pulse for this!
- A new selection of photos of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) and Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) at the Voyager: The Return convention have been posted at Gorgeous Kate.
- Jim Wright's 'Shattered' review is back online at Delta Blues, with help from Cathy Person.
- Recent updates at the Psi Phi Book Database include the information that the novelisation of the Enterprise pilot, 'Broken Bow' will be a hardcover, the cover art for SCE Book One, 'Have Tech, Will Travel,' an extract from Gateways Book Three, 'Doors Into Chaos' and a brief description of the upcoming TNG novel, 'Hard Rain'. Further updates can be found at the Psi Phi What's New? page.