News BulletsBy Christian
May 12, 2000 - 10:49 PM
- NASA has announced that on the 20th of May, its Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., will organise 'Open House 2000', a free tour around the space agency's facilities. Also included in the program will be a display of model starships from Trek and other SF franchises.
- An article by the New York Post's Michael Riedel reports that Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) appeared before an Actors Equity committee yesterday to defend himself against complaints that he acted unprofessionally when publicly denouncing the producers of his new Broadway play 'The Ride Down Mt. Morgan'. Though the committee did reach a decision on whether or not Stewart will need to publicly apologise, this decision will be kept secret until the end of the appeals process, ten days from now.
- Decipher, the publisher of the official Star Trek Customisable Card Game, has updated its site with a special Borg Rulebook for the game's Borg affiliation.
- Over at the official Star Trek site, they've put up a short profile of Andre Bormanis, Science Consultant on 'Star Trek: Voyager'. The article also includes an admission by Rick Berman that internal consistency for the Trek universe is a very important thing.
- Armim Shimmerman (Quark) will return to his recurring role of 'Principal Snyder' for the 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' season finale, airing on the 23rd of May. In the episode, a primitive animal force attacks Buffy and her friends in their nightmares. Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has put up a picture of the promotional poster for 'New Earth', this year's six-novel book series starting in June.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.