Site ColumnsBy Amy
April 12, 2001 - 5:22 PM
What is it with today? It seems that every man and his dog – at least in the entertainment world – has decided to put out their very own bit of Voyager media. Now, normally, I wouldn’t mind much. I like spoilers – provided their good ones – which is something you may or may not have known about me by now, and video clips are brilliant for that sort of thing. However, today – and indeed, the rest of the week, is an exception for me. Ok, so transcripts may usually really be a pain in the behind, just for sheer dreariness of writing things out word for word. However, the normal toil is absolutely *nothing* compared to trying to do it without a working sound card.
Well, technically, I *do* have a working sound card – only it’s on a laptop. Without both a modem and network card. Not to mention, currently, a floppy drive for some reason – it’s an external so there’s a strong possibility that my dog decided he wanted a new (and expensive) toy and walked off with it. Otherwise I’d have been ferrying the usual assortment of 9-disk spanned zip archives from one computer to the next. Joy.
It’s actually been a very long and stressful 24 hours (I don’t believe I’ve mentioned it, but I’ve actually just sat my mid terms and had the usual assortment of assignments that they dump on you so you can’t actually study for said mid-terms due in) –ok, week and a half - and I am really looking forward to a nice long sleep-in (in the last week I think I’ve had a total of 18 hours worth), some serious Easter chocolate eating and the chance to start playing the copy of ‘Black and White’ (minus the sound, but hey) I picked up as a pre-exam treat. It’s sitting there, pristine in it’s big white box (I wanted a black one but they were sold out), calling to me, begging me to reap destruction on the world of Eden, or whatever its called… oh the temptation... and I know from experience I make one helluva evil overlord – or god, in this case.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Who is the most Genuinely nicest Star Trek Actor?
-An announcement - due to the need to conserve server resouces, Searching in all forums has been temporarily disabled.
-A topic close to my heart - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Monday the 12 of April, these were some of the Trek Today headlines:
- 'What You Leave Behind' Spoilers: Thanks to Warp 11, the first rumours of a fight scene between Sisko and Dukat in the Deep Space Nine finale.
- 'When It Rains' Press Release : Continuing in what was a big day for DS9 spoilers, Mr. Video Productions posted the official press release for the then-upcoming DS9 episode 'When It Rains,' the 5th episode of DS9's Final Chapter. As usual, the release also contained a short synopsis of the episode.
- Wildstorm Comics Editor Speaks Out: Christian had the opportunity to speak to WildStorm's Trek editor Jeff Mariotte about WildStorm's plans with its then recently-acquired Trek line.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks go out to all thsoe who voted! Now we'd like to know what you though of last night's Voyager episode, 'Q2'.,
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'Mudd's Woman' at 5pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show TNG's 'Justice' at 17:00 (repeat at 00:00) Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, YOR will show DS9's 'Behind the Lines' at 17:15 while NET5 will show Voyager's 'Threshold' at 18:15. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'What Are Little Girls Made Of' at 5pm.
- In the Netherlands, YOR will show DS9's 'Favour the Bold' at 17:15 while NET5 will show Voyager's 'Meld' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!