News BulletsBy Christian
March 12, 2001 - 9:51 PM
- Business Wire reports that the ninth-annual 'A Night at Sardi's' fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association of Los Angeles raised $800,000. According to Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans!, Brent Spiner (Data) was part of the celebrity cast that performed selections from the Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!'.
- The video and DVD releases of 'X-Men', staring Partick Stewart (Picard) are officialy out for sale in the today in the UK.
- Patrick Stewart - The Actors' Actor has posted links to a number of new reviews of the latest theatre production of Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?'. There is also a picture of him in the role.
- The Redcliffe Entertainment Centre in Redcliffe, Queensland, Australia, will be holding a three-day Star Trek movie marathon, starting on the 30th of March. Ticket prices are $8 per person per single movie, $21 for a 3 Movie Pass, and $54 for the entire Marathon. The event is organised to support the Redcliffe Scout Troop reaching the World Jamboree in Thailand 2002. More information can be obtained by emailing the Entertainment Centre or calling them at 07 38895388.
- David Henderson has updated Psi Phi's Voyager page with an explanation of why he thinks the upcoming Voyager episode 'Destiny' will be retitled. "[There] has already been a Star Trek episode with that title," he said. "DS9's 'Destiny' aired in February, 1995, during DS9's third season. Another Voyager episode, 'Wink of an Eye', was re-titled after the producers discovered that there was an episode of the original series by that name, although they made only a slight modification to 'Blink of an Eye'. I therefore believe it is likely that Voyager's producers will change the title of their episode 'Destiny' before it airs, even if it's only a small change such as 'The Destiny' or 'Destinies'."
- The program for the FedCon 9 convention, taking place in early April in Bonn, Germany, has just been posted on the convention's official web site. Thanks go out to the German Star Trek Index for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.