Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 12, 2001 - 5:09 PM
Hellu iferybudy! I remember vreeting sume-a teeme-a egu in thees culoomn ebuoot cumeeng ecruss a tepe-a ooff thet lung furguttee Mooppet sereees, 'Freggle-a Ruck' und telleeng iferyune-a vhu buzeered tu reed hoo ebsulootely threelled ebuoot it I ves. Vell, tudey I vent oone-a better und stoombled ecruss a 'best ooff zee Mooppet Shoo' cessette-a booreeed in a doosty curner ooff my huoose's feedeu cullecshun. Bork Bork Bork!***
Hehehe. I used to love the Muppet show and, as you might be able to guess from the above, I had a particular fondness for the Sweedish chef. So do many other people, it seems – he apparently even has his own newsgroup ( alt.sweedish.chef.bork.bork.bork), though I haven't actually gotten around to checking this out yet. Then there’s Bunsen Honeydew $ Beaker, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Ms. Piggie. Oh, and the two old critics – man I loved those guys with their sarcasm and really bad puns. And some of the sketches and performances too - anyone remember ‘Pigs in Space’? Like all tv shows, sometimes it was ‘roll on the floor’ hilarious, other times simply cringe-worthy, but I loved it anyway.
I seem to recall a new production of ‘Muppets Tonight’ airing sometime in the late 90’s, but it vanished rather suddenly. It’s really a shame it doesn’t seem to be on any more (sighs). At any rate, at least now I have this video to watch and can play that damn ‘Mmnnmmnnna’ song at the top of the tv’s volume and annoy the neighbours and my flatmate.
Hello everybody! I remember writing some time ago in this column about coming across a tape of that long forgotten Muppet series, 'Fraggle Rock' and telling everyone who bothered to read how absolutely thrilled about it I was. Well, today I went one better and stumbled across a 'best of the Muppet Show' cassette buried in a dusty corner of my house's video collection.(translation matrix found here)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, March 12th 1999, these were some of the Trek Today headlines:
- More Final Chapter News: Both the Great Link and Warp 11 posted more new info on DS9's Final Chapter. Among the news that day, DS9 staff writer Bradley Thompson had apparently confirmed Director Sloan and Section 31 would be returning at least once in the final arc.
- 'Trekkies' Sneak Preview Today: Paramount released docummentary/movie'Trekkies,' starring Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar), in Portland, Oregon and Indianapolis, Indiana.
- UPN Hacks 'Extreme Risk' For Extra Money: Mr. Video Productions wrote an article revealing for the first time that UPN has started cutting away at Voyager episodes to fit in more add space. The week's Wednesday's repeat ('Extreme Risk') had nearly two full minutes axed, mostly scenes involving B'Elanna Torres.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'Is There In Truth No Beauty?' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'The Gamesters of Triskelion' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Inheritance' at 12:00pm, 'The Gamesters of Triskelion' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Tears of the Prophets' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Caretaker, Part Two' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Sons Of Mogh' at 17:00 and at 23:30 GMT. At 20:00, they will be showing the new Voyager episode 'Repression'. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Let He Who Is Without Sin' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Ex Post Facto' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'Spectre of the Gun' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Caretaker Pt. 2' at 4am, DS9's 'Tears of the Prophets' at 5am, the original series episode 'A Piece of the Action' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's 'Parallels' at 12pm, DS9's 'Image in the Sand' at 5pm and Voyager's 'Parallax' at 10pm.
- In the Netherlands, VOO will be showing DS9's 'Things Past' at 17:15 while NET5 will screen Voyager's 'Emanations' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel Nine will be showing DS9's 'Statistical Probabilities' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule