Trek X News RoundupBy Caillan
December 11, 2002 - 3:34 PM
- Brent Spiner (Data) spoke to both TrekWeb and Cinescape about crafting 'Nemesis' with Rick Berman and writer John Logan. "We did want parallel stories going on. We started with the Picard story, but we wanted a parallel story with Data [so] that they reflected on each other. We wanted a story about family because we thought this might be the last [film]."
- In an interview with IGN FilmForce, Tom Hardy (Shinzon) described the process of getting under Shinzon's skin.
What is a villain? It's a human being that's been through a sequence of circumstantial situations and its attracted baggage, both genetic and through his observation and senses, that leads them to commit acts of an atrocity that can be deemed as, and are, evil. However, you don't go out there and play Camp Villain. So, that's my meaning for going – and I don't condone them, or whatever – but, how do you make them more human? Especially a fictitious character. How do you make that three-dimensional?
- StarTrek.com has updated its Trek X chat schedule:
- Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker) - December 11 - 10:30 a.m.
- Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) - December 11 - 1:30 p.m.
- Michael Dorn (Worf) - December 16 - 3:00 p.m.
- Tom Hardy (Shinzon) - December 18 - 10:00 a.m.
All times are Pacific Standard Time. Submit questions here.
- SyFy Portal will be arranging a 'Nemesis' premiere party at Muvico Centro Ybor 20 in Tampa, Florida this Friday. For details on the event, check out this page.
- Entertainment Tonight Online has posted a brief article on Monday night's 'Nemesis' world premiere. Thanks to 'Captain Joe' for this!
- UK entertainment show Film 2002 will be taking a look at Trek X and the 'Star Trek Adventure' exhibition on December 14 at 3:10pm on BBC2. Thanks to 'Trickster' from the Trek Universe Network for this!
- The Arizona Republic has posted an article examining all the major villains in Trek movies, including 'Nemesis.'