Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
August 11, 2001 - 12:14 PM
- Activision's upcoming starship simulator, 'Bridge Commander,' has been previewed by GameSpot UK. "All in all, it looks very convincing and we have high hopes that this one might be able to capture that illusive Holy Grail of Star Trek games - a convincing Enterprise simulator," wrote John Houlihan. The preview can be found here, accompanied by a set of screenshots.
- A review of 'Dominion Wars' has been posted at Player Of Games. "This game had more potential, but saying that, it isnít a bad game, there is nothing really wrong with it, but neither is there anything to make it stand out from the crowd," wrote reviewer Eamonn. "If you are a DS9 fan then you will probably enjoy this game. The plot fellows the series, more or less, episode by episode. If you're looking for a game which will challenge you, this one will to a point, and then you will get really big ships and every mission will feel the same." The full review can be found here.
- GameSpot UK has also reviewed the recently-released strategy game. Here's a quote from the review:
If Dominion Wars was a Star Trek film, it'd be the fourth one - the one that's remembered not for creating an involving sci-fi world with a strong story and characters, but for having too many whales and bad jokes. Dominion Wars is pretty and easy to play, but ultimately it fails to involve the player and, at best, remains an insubstantial "quick-play."
The complete analysis, in which the game is awarded a score of 6.4/10, can be found here at GameSpot UK.
- The Armada Universe has posted a transcript of a chat with the creative talent behind 'Star Trek: Armada II.'
- The official 'Bridge Commander' site has posted a new screenshot of the week.
Thanks to Blue's News for most of these!