News BulletsBy Caillan
July 11, 2003 - 8:57 AM
- Armin Shimerman (Quark) recently answered 10 questions at IGN Film Force. The topics included Deep Space Nine, the acting industry and his literary works. Thanks to Kamraan Moghul for this!
- SyFy Portal has confirmed that an interview which Dark Horizons reported Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker) gave to a London radio station didn't actually take place.
- Over at Wigglefish, Kilian Melloy has reviewed the first two Voyager relaunch books, Homecoming and The Farther Shore, awarding them both three stars. Here's an excerpt from his review of the latter novel:
The best surprise of all takes place on the final page, and the work leading up to it, while uneven, is suspenseful and dramatic — a fitting heroes' return, and an energetic, fun relaunch for the starship Voyager.
Thanks to dieter for this!
- Psi Phi reports Homecoming and The Farther Shore have gone back for a second printing. In the eBook format, Homecoming was 8th on Palm Digital Media list of best-selling fiction books for June, 2003, while The Farther Shore was 3rd.
- The Psi Phi Book Database was recently updated with the cover art for I.K.S. Gorkon Book One, A Good Day To Die and Book Two, Honor Bound.
- William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) film, Groom Lake, will air on the Sci-Fi Channel on Sunday, July 13. Further details, as well as news of LeVar Burton's (Geordi LaForge) participation in "Soccerfest", can be found at StarTrek.com.
- 400 screencaps from Star Trek Generations are now up at Section31.