News BulletsBy Caillan
March 11, 2002 - 4:56 PM
- The official site will be hosting a chat with Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) on Thursday, March 14, at 6:00pm EST (3:00 pm PST). Go here to submit questions.
- Over at The Nation, Donna Minkowitz has posted an article entitled 'Beam Us Back, Scotty,' in which she takes a critical look at the subtext behind Enterprise. "Watching the first season of the latest Trek vehicle, Enterprise, I've felt...nausea and horror," Minkowitz wrote. "It takes Star Trek so far backward that it's like Buffy becoming a sex slave chained to a bed for the rest of her television career." Read why here. Thanks to Michelle Erica Green for this!
- According to Digital Spy, the United Kingdom's Channel 4 will start airing Enterprise in July. Thanks to The Great Link for this!
- Enterprise staff writer and science consultant Andre Bormanis will be chatting at TrekWeb on Tuesday, March 26th at 6:30pm PST. Submit your questions here.
- Head over to Cinescape to read Remote Patrol, a look at genre television in the week ahead.
- The March 2002 issue of American Cinematographer features interviews with Tim Suhrstedt and Mike Fink, director of photography and visual-effects supervisor on Jonathan Frakes's (William Riker) new film, 'Clockstoppers.' Thanks to Ricardo for this!
- Regular Trek author Peter David recently spoke to The Slush Factory about his novelisation of the new 'Spider-Man' film. Thanks to Tom for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.