News BulletsBy Michelle
October 10, 2005 - 5:17 PM
- The Tim Russ Tribute Page reports that Tim Russ (Tuvok) directed an episode of The Heartbreak Café entitled "Writer's Block". The site also has production stills of "Déjà Vu", a short movie directed by Russ starring Garrett Wang (Kim) and Chase Masterson (Leeta).
- Tickets are now available to see George Takei (Sulu) in the lead role of East West Players production of Equus from October-December 2005.
- John Billingsley (Phlox) will open Area 51 Radio Station at 12 noon on Saturday, October 22nd in the UK. The sci-fi station will broadcast live from the London Expo on Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th.
- William Shatner (Kirk) has teamed up with People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals to lobby the Louisiana National Guard to provide food and water for animals in Louisiana in the aftermath of Katrina, notes ContactMusic.com.
- ComingSoon.net has a preview of Over the Hedge, the upcoming animated film about pests in suburbia featuring the voice of Shatner along with Bruce Willis, Allison Janney and many others.
- Totally Kate! has a new page on Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) in Tea at Five in Pasadena.
- New Atlantis has photos of Connor Trinneer (Tucker)'s episode of Stargate: Atlantis, "Michael."
- MSC OPAS reports that John de Lancie (Q) will play Clarence Darrow in The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial at L.A. Theatre Works on Sunday, November 6th, 2005.
- in70mm.com has a remembrance by a colleague of Star Trek: The Motion Picture director Robert Wise. Thanks to jodarmoviefan.
- Yahoo! Movies has the trailer for Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Syriana as well as production stills.
- MoviesOnline.ca has a review of Enterprise season three on DVD in which the reviewer didn't even bother to spell T'Pol's name correctly. The review, however, is quite positive. Thanks to Csaba. iFMagazine also has a review of Enterprise: The Complete Third Season, saying it "delivers its best storyline yet."
- The Hollywood News has a report and photos from Collectormania 8 (and also one of the most annoying ads ever screaming from its site, so beware before clicking).
- StarTrek.com has announced an upcoming commentary for Enterprise's "North Star" which can be previewed at the site. Writer David A. Goodman will discuss the Western episode.
- Decipher has announced new releases for Star Trek role-playing which will be available as e-books. The line will begin with Worlds in a few weeks, followed by Mirror Universe.
- Book news: The Deutscher Star Trek Index has a review of Michael Jan Friedman's Enterprise novel My Brother's Keeper.
- And Pocket Books editor Marco Palmieri reports at the TrekBBS that four Star Trek novels and anthologies are going back for reprinting.
- Soul of Star Trek has a review of Brannon Braga's Threshold.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.