News BulletsBy Amy
October 10, 2000 - 10:21 AM
- aMedia's First Annual Ammy Awards'', an awards night celebrating the often unheralded achievements of Asian and Asian-American actors and filmmakers. The event was attended by over 1000 people, and celebrity participants included Rosalind Chao (Keiko O'Brien) and Garret Wang (Harry Kim).
- According to StarTrek.com, Leonard Nimoy (Spock) has been awarded an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters by Antioch University, some 22 years after first completing a Masters Degree there. In receiving the honor, he was cited for his "art and talent to advocate for social justice and community", in particular, his efforts to refute those who have sought to deny the existence of the Holocaust during World War II. The full article can be found here.
- TrekWeb has posted another interview, this time with Jonathan Frakes (Riker), on 'Star Trek: Insurrection' taken from issue 54 of British Dreamwatch Magazine. As we reported with the previous interview posted, featuring Brent Spiner (Data), the interview is several months out of date but none the less provides some interesting reading. Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for the heads up.
- StarTrekUK.com has posted Voyager video covers and episode information for the upcoming releases in the UK, 6.9 (Ashes to Ashes/Spirit Folk), 6.10 (Child's Play/Good Shepherd) & 6.11 (Live Fast and Prosper/Muse). Thanks go out to Neil Bradley for the info.
- David Henderson of PsiPhi sends along the interesting news that the third episode of the new Fox show "Freakylinks", which stars Ethan Embry, is entitled "Subject: Edith Keeler Must Die". Edith Keeler was the main character of the TOS episode "The City on the Edge of Forever".
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.