Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 10, 2001 - 12:15 PM
I had a most exceptional Saturday night. Various elements of it included a packet of Munchies, a medium sized Pizza Hut Farmhouse pizza, and several Jackie Chan films. Does it get any better than that?
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Why do we need transporter rooms?
-What's the most expensive Trek thing you own?
-Does Vulcan have oceans?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Friday September 19th 1999:
- First Andromeda Plot Details
Producers Tribune Entertainment issued the first press release about Andromeda, the series developed by former DS9 scribe Robert Hewitt Wolfe.
Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda'' stars Kevin Sorbo as Dylan Hunt, the last starship captain of the System's Commonwealth, the Earth-based government that spans a thousand worlds, embracing hundreds of different races and cultures. Following a civil war that plunges the Commonwealth into darkness, civilization is in ruins and is spiraling into chaos.
Dylan Hunt is a man of action. Strong, determined, confident, he can see only one course open to him. He must restore the Commonwealth. Finding himself alone in this tumultuous landscape, Hunt allies himself with a group of mercenary aliens who sign on to crew his ship. Together, they set out to travel the cosmos, weaving together the many diverse worlds of the galaxy in order to once again bring peace to the far-flung reaches of space.
For more information about Andromeda head over to SlipstreamWeb.
More headlines from that day can be found in our September 1999 archive.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Wolf In The Fold' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Tholian Web' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Force Of Nature' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Nor The Battle To The Strong' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Fair Haven' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Masterpiece Society' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00 and Voyager's 'Future's End' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing 'Das kosmische Band' ('The Loss') at 16:00 CET.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Trouble With Tribbles' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Plato's Step Children' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by the Next Generation episode 'Inheritance' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's 'The Assignment' will be at 4:00 p.m, with Voyager's 'Blink of an Eye' at 5:00 p.m - repeated at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Conundrum' at 17:00 GMT. BBC 2 will show Voyager's 'Collective' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Datas Tag' at 16:00 GMT.