News BulletsBy Christian
August 10, 2000 - 11:03 PM
- Yesterday's Voyager rerun of 'Ashes To Ashes' earned UPN a 2.9 rating / 4 share, compared to last week's 3.1/5. The repeat again beat out a new episode of the WB's summer series 'Young Americans', which only scored a 2.6/4. In addition, it also beat a new episode of the FOX reality series 'American High', which took in an average rating of about 3.0.
- A press release from the newly-opened PlanetHollywood.com mentions that in its first online auction, a Star Trek tricorder was sold for $5,100. Their second online auction included a TNG hand phaser, while sometime in the future they'll also be auctioning off a power chip from the Enterprise-D.
- Psi Phi has been updated with excerpts from the ninth and 10th novel in Peter David's 'New Frontier' novel series, Requiem and Renaisssance.
- And Keith R.A. DeCandido, who developed the 'Star Trek: S.C.E.' eBook-only series together with Pocket Books editor John Ordover, has updated his site with a new background article on the series. Thanks go out to Psi Phi for this!
- The next two volumes in Paramount's Original Series DVD series, containging the first second-season episodes, will be released on the 19th of September, according to Amazon.com. The two DVDs are Volume 15, containing 'Operation - Annihilate!' and 'Catspaw', and Volume 16, containing 'Metamorphosis' and 'Friday's Child'.
- Michelle Erica Green has put up a new edition of her Hailing Frequencies column at Another Universe. This week she provides the usual summary of the latest Trek news, as well as a review of TNG novel series 'The Genesis Wave'.
- William Shatner (James T. Kirk) is going to be in Charleston, WV, this Saturday at 10:30am for the dedication of the Clumbia/St. Francis Hospital emergency room project. Thanks go out to Keith Dalton and the Charleston Gazette for this!
- The Mothership has a report from the San Diego Comic-Con, including a photo of Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher). The site also has a photo of William Shatner (James T. Kirk) at a signing of his new novel 'Star Trek: Preserver'.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.