News BulletsBy Caillan
July 10, 2002 - 3:15 PM
- Jack Donner (Sub-Commander Tal in 'The Enterprise Incident') recently spoke to Jeff Y. at Trek5.com about auditioning for 'Star Trek: Nemesis.' Here's an extract from the article:
"I actually auditioned for the Praetor, a small part in 'Nemesis', but I was never called back for the producers' session. My agent was told that 'it didn't work.' For years strong rumors have circulated that the top brass, except in few cases, have been loath to bring back guests from the original series for whatever reasons. I can't confirm any of it."
Read the full interview here.
- Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) answers Four Questions at the New York Post. Thanks to 'jimjustplainjim' for this!
- Entertainment Weekly's Marc Bernardin recently reviewed the TNG season three DVD set. "These 22 installments represent a high-water mark for episodic Star Trek, and, as such, for TV science fiction as a whole," he wrote. The set was awarded an A minus grade in the full review. Thanks to Chad Dotson for this!
- Reminder: 'Star Trek: First Contact' will air at 8:00pm Eastern Time (7:00pm Central) on ABC tomorrow night. Thanks to Benjamin Winn at the Trekker Newsletter for this!
- Images of the Art Asylum Shinzon and Reman Viceroy figures from 'Star Trek: Nemesis' can be found here and here. Thanks to Daniel Thomas for this!
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) makes an appearance in the 'Making Of' featurette on the recently-released 'Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius' DVD; the actor played King Goobot in the cartoon film. A review of the DVD can be found here. Thanks to 'Captain Joe' for this!
- Alexander Chase has analysed 'The Last Roundup' and 'The Janus Gate: Book Three' at TrekWeb, awarding the books four and three stars out of five, respectively. Read the reviews here.
- Recent updates at the Psi Phi Book Database include the cover art for William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) 'I'm Working On That,' back-cover descriptions for 'Gemini' and 'Garth of Izar', and details on February 2003 releases.