Gaming BulletsBy Christian
July 11, 2000 - 12:10 AM
- Raven Software's John Scott updated his .plan file with two notes on video cards supported by the 'Voyager: Elite Force' demo. Matrox G200s will apparently run, unlike what it says in the demo's readme, while five other video cards will give some problems.
- And Kenn Hoekstra updated his .plan with a workaround to an install problem some people have been encountering. He also provides a few interesting notes on the voice acting in the demo.
- 'Elite Force' is mentioned in the new edition of online cartoon Penny Arcade.
- AP Business Writer Gary Gentile has written a long article on how today's games are beginning to take as much work as any Hollywood epic, using 'Voyager: Elite Force' as an example of a game for which much effort was spent on things like voice acting.
- The demo is reviewed by Paul 'Rush' Younger at Gamerush, who says that Raven "could well be onto a winner" with the game.
- Also new is this review at Riva 3D, who hail it as being the first game to break the Star Trek curse.
- Finally, two German reviews are up at GamingMag.de and ComputerBase.de.
- Getting a bit lost in the onslaught of new 'Elite Force' articles, there's a new interview with 'Starfleet Command II' designer Joshua Morris on the Gamer's Pulse.
- Thanks go out to Blue's News and Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for some of these items!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.