News BulletsBy Michelle
May 10, 2006 - 8:51 PM
- StarTrek.com has an alert about Michael Dorn (Worf) and Robert Picardo (Doctor) starring in the Sci Fi Channel original movie A.I. Assault, this Saturday at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Also at StarTrek.com, an obituary for actor and teacher Joseph Bernard, who played the Argelian Tark in "Wolf in the Fold."
- And StarTrek.com has an obituary for fan Sylvia Frier a Paramount Digital Entertainment community moderator.
- Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s official fan site Sid City has undergone a design change.
- Tickets to September's 40th Anniversary Gala Celebration and Conference at the Science Fiction Museum, with a party at the top of the Space Needle and visits with original series guests George Takei (Sulu), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) and Walter Koenig (Chekov), are going fast, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
- Late Star Trek executive producer Michael Piller's The Dead Zone, co-executive produced by his son Shawn Piller, is about to commence its fifth season; The Futon Critic has details about the storyline.
- Kate Mulgrew (Janeway)'s official site Totally Kate! has photos of the actress at the Telefilm Festival in Milan here and here.
- Sev Trek is now available via syndicated feed. There is also now a winning punchline in the contest to figure out why humans are so fixated on Vulcan ears.
- Jammer has moved his reviews from Star Trek Hypertext to Jammer's Reviews, where he explains why the name change and new URL.
- Decipher has a new article on reasons for playing the Star Trek CCG game even if you've never done so before.
- VideoSift has a short film called "No More Star Trek" about a petition to have less Star Trek on the airwaves.
- A note at the Advanced Media Network has official details for the upcoming PSP game Star Trek: Tactical Assault.
- CinemaBlend has an editorial about all the reasons to be unhappy about rumours concerning J.J. Abrams' takeover of the Trek franchise.
- TrekUnited has announced upcoming staff and forum changes as founder Tim Brazeal is attempting to break into development and production.
- And TrekCore has posted more than two dozen updates, including episode screen captures for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise, gaming coverage of Star Trek: New Worlds, and partial coverage for Starfleet Command II.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.