Site ColumnsBy Christian
April 10, 2001 - 11:55 PM
Well, it's that time of the day again when I discover it's two minutes before the server moves to tomorrow and I have to hurry to get this posted on time. Spent most of the day getting through all the stuff on SlipstreamWeb I'd been neglecting far too much over the past weeks, with all the Trek news. So far I updated the Episode Guide there, made a few software enhancements and worked on advertising for there, but I'm still only about halfway through. I know what I'll be doing all of tomorrow.
Meanwhile, as reported earlier, yesterday was of course the final day of shooting for 'Star Trek: Voyager'. As excited as I am about having a completely new series to write about next year, it's still a bit saddening to have to realise that Voyager production is now really over. Hopefully the Voyager finale will have turned out to be as great a send-off as the producers promised.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Was one of DS9's strengths its large cast?
-Are you suffering from Trek fatigue?
-In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Is it worth watching the 'Dune' miniseries?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Saturday the 10th of April, 1999:
- Insurrection DVD To Contain Extras - A rumour appeared that the 'Star Trek: Insurrection DVD would contain both trailers and extras. Though no info was available on what those extras would be, it was hoped they would include the several scenes cut from the film. Eventually, the 'Insurrection' DVD of course turned out to be very bare-bones.
- Star Trek Monthly Interviews John Eaves - Two years ago, DS9 Illustrator and Designer John Eaves was on his way out from the Star Trek franchise, with no new series in sight. "We keep hoping for a new Star Trek series, but we're pretty much realising day by day that it's just not going to happen right now, at least not while we're all still here," he said in an interview with the Star Trek Monthly. Since then, of course, Eaves rejoined the franchise to work on Series V, for which he will be designing the principal starship.
- More On Voyager Writer Shake-Up - Though Brannon Braga refused to comment on this, it was rumoured that both Ron Moore and René Echevarria would be joining the Voyager writing staff. Only Moore actually made the move, though of course it turned out to be a very brief stint.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode 'The Naked Time' at 5pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show TNG's 'The Last Outpost' at 17:00 (repeat at 00:00) while BBC2 will show Voyager's 'Basics, part II' at 18:50. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, YOR will show DS9's 'Rocks and Shoals' at 17:15, NET5 will show Voyager's 'Prototype' at 18:35 and BBC2 will air 'Basicis, part II' at 19:50. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel Nine will show DS9's 'Far Beyond the Stars' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'The Enemy Within' at 10:00am Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'The Way To Eden' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Angel One' at 12:00pm, 'The Way To Eden' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Tacking Into The Wind' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Parturition' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky Premier 4 will be showing 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country' at 11:45 GMT and 19:00, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Lonely Among Us' at 17:00 and at 00:30, and BBC Two will be showing DS9's 'Once More Unto The Breach' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Yorin will be showing DS9's 'Sons and Daughters' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Alliances' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing DS9's 'Far Beyond The Stars' at 12:00am, while Voyager's 'Nothing Human' will also be airing on the same channel at 12:00, according to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule. One must be wrong, obviously - please check your local listings.