News BulletsBy Amy
April 10, 2001 - 3:37 PM
- In a recent poll at the web site of the Canadian Space! television network, visitors where asked which ship would win in a race. With 38% of the votes, Voyager's Delta Flyer beat the Millennium Falcon from 'Star Wars' (31%), the White Star from 'Babylon 5' (28%) and the Viper from 'Battlestar Galactica' (3%).
- According to this PRNewswire release, René Auberjonois (Odo) will be one of the actors presenting an award at the 90th Anniversary Gala of the Sierra Club-Angeles Chapter, which will be held on Thursday the 19th of April in Los Angeles. Thanks go out to AntonyF for this!
- The Wigglefish Zine has posted a 20-question interview with Jill Sherwin, writer of two Star Trek trivia books as well as the book 'Quotable Star Trek'.
- Over at Psi Phi's, the back cover images for two recently announced books, 'Star Trek: Celebrations' by Maureen McTigue and 'Starship Spotter', by Adam "Mojo" Lebowitz and Robert Bonchune are now online.
- The Book List at Psi Phi's has also been updated with the list scheduled to be used in the July paperbacks.
- According to the official Jeri Lynn Ryan (Seven fo Nine) website, the actress is set to appear as a guest on 'The Rosie O'Donnell Show', Friday the 20th of this month.
- In addition to their behind the scenes look at Voyager, the Trek Galaxy is running another Voyager retrospective, looking back at the highs and lows of the last seven years. For more information or to find out how to participate, follow this link.
- Also according to her official site, issue 79 of the UK's Star Trek Monthly magazine is set to feature an in-depth interview with Jeri Ryan (Seven) about her role on Voyager over the last four years.
- William Shatner (Kirk) is currently appearing in a newspaper anti-smoking advertisement for the Canadian Cancer Society (via the Optical Data Network).
- Independent film, 'The Good Things', starting Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) is currently playing at the Kansas City Filmmaker Jubilee. Earlier this year, it played at the Slamdance Festival 2001 (via the Optical Data Network).
- Issue number 45 of The Trekker Newsletter is out, containing the usual thorough round up of news, information and rumours. For those not subscribed, the issue can be found online here.
- Also, the latest issue of the Optical Data Network has been released. In addition to all the news and information, there are airdates, transmissions to the editor and a column entitled 'Trekophobia: A Brief History'. Again, for those not subscribed, the issue can be found online here.
- Holly Kim Wilson sends word that the 'X-Files' episode 'Vienen', featuring Casey Biggs, has been bumped back to April 29th from the 22nd. Also, the episode now slated to air on the 22nd, 'Empedocles', will star Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) and Ron Canada (Ch'Pok, DS9's 'Rules of Engagement').
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.