Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
February 10, 2002 - 10:25 AM
- A new preview of 'Star Trek: Bridge Commander' is up at HomeLan Fed. John Callaham wrote that "it looks like Totally Games is ready to make gamers forget about previous Trek space combat titles and embrace a new type of gameplay." Here's an extract from the article:
You play a first officer who takes command of the U.S.S. Dauntless after your captain is killed. (The captain is never actually voiced or even named in the game which adds to the feeling that you are in command, rather than controlling an established character).
The complete preview can be found here at HomeLan Fed.
- Totally Game's David Litwin spoke to John Brandon at Games Domain about what gamers can expect from the upcoming 'Bridge Commander.' In particular, Litwin drew attention the tactical control features. "The tactics of our game are unlike space combat games of the past," he said. "In trying to capture the true feeling of Star Trek starship combat the standard dog fighting model just doesn't work." Go here to read the full interview.
- Litwin also talked with HomeLan Fed about several aspects of 'Bridge Commander,' including the multiplayer feature. "All reasonable ships (no point in trying to fly a Station) are available in multiplayer," he said. "The MP modes include the familiar Deathmatch as well as specific scenario games like Federation vs. non Federation and Defend the Starbase." The complete article can be found at HomeLan Fed.
- The omnipresent David Litwin also surfaced at GameSpot PC with the second edition of his 'Bridge Commander' designer diary. In this update, he talked about the development of the game's storyline:
For a number of weeks the team brainstormed and discussed myriad story ideas. We had to keep in mind the license (Star Trek: The Next Generation), the time period (just after the Dominion war), and the characters from the license we intended to use. We narrowed it down fairly quickly to Picard and Data, and possibly Worf.
Go here to read more. Thanks to 'RAS' for this!
- 52 new 'Bridge Commander' screenshots have been posted here at 3D Action Planet.
- A new CCG puzzle is up at Decipher.com.
Thanks to Blue's News for most of these!