Site ColumnsBy Caillan
October 9, 2002 - 3:44 PM
The day of rejoicing is almost at hand - Boston Public returns to Australian television screens tomorrow with a 2-hour premiere - and Jeri Ryan.
Hopefully BP's return will end my TV drought - since Gilmore Girls ended I've been forced to reduced to actually doing things like studying to fill my waking hours. Smallville is still on, but every episode seems to have the same plot - teenager affected by kryptonite runs amok throughout the town, Clark Kent saves the day, then stares adoringly into Lana Lang's eyes. Caillan stares at all the pretty people and wonders why everyone always has such perfect hair.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What is your favourite Trek planet?
- Do you fall asleep during 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture'?
- Would you like to live during the DS9 time frame?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
This was the major news item on October 9, 2000:
- 'Critical Care' Video Clip
UPN 9 talked to various members of the Voyager cast and crew while they were filming the episode 'Critical Care.' Here's what Robert Picardo had to say about the episode:
I am, I am abducted by a, ah, an alien HMO that's on a spaceship in orbit around a planet that's had all sorts of disasters. And, ah, the way that this alien HMO operates – and it's not unlike other ones I've heard of – is that they give medical care to based on the, ah, how should I say this, the 'social worth' of the individual.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today is the 48th birthday of Scott Bakula, who plays Captain Jonathan Archer on Enterprise.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Dead Stop'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
Enterprise, in desperate need of extensive repairs, docks with a mysterious, high-tech, automated space station that inexplicably and amazingly fixes everything, making it almost too good to be true. While waiting for the repairs to be completed, the Enterprise crew searches the unmanned space station and discovers its unique and horrifying power source.
For more on the episode, check out the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Sarek' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'First Contact' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Enterprise Incident' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Menagerie - Part 1' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Future Imperfect' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Melora' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Flashback' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Ultimate Computer' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show TNG's 'Allegiance' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Menage a Troi' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Galaxy's Child' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Paradise Syndrome' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Errand of Mercy' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'The Menagerie, Part II' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Final Mission' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Rules of Acquisition' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'The Chute' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Wire' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Bread and Circuses' at 14:00, and Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Captain's Holiday' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'Past Prologue' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!