Site ColumnsBy Caillan
July 9, 2001 - 7:39 AM
As a tribute to seven seasons of Star Trek: Voyager, Paramount Home Entertainment is including a puzzle piece in every season seven video release of the series.
After collecting all the pieces, the eventual puzzle shows all the cast members (including Kes), but for some reason, uses the first season cast photos for most of them (Janeway and Seven being the exceptions). With tons of individual cast pictures to choose from, they selected one of Kes that looks like she has a mop on her head.
At least they didn't have Janeway with the Bun of Steel.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What did you think of Voyager's 'Drive'?
- Which is the best time travel episode?
- Take a look at some Star Trek lego!
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were the major news headlines on July 9th, 1999:
- When speaking to Christopher Allan Smith at Eon Magazine, Ron Moore spoke briefly about his departure from Voyager. "I just decided it's time to move on," he said. "I don't know that I really want to go beyond that publicly. It really just didn't work out for me and Voyager and I just decided to leave. I can say that I've seen a lot of the rumors too and I can say it didn't have anything to do with any scripts." Former colleague Bryan Fuller said that "We thought about making up all this kind of stuff. Like with Ron being very uncomfortable with the Voyager writing staff and him going through a sex change. Those things are just as close to the truth as what's being printed on the Internet. It's surprising where the rumors go."
- Mark A. Altman, also of Eon Magazine, posted a farwell to the long-time Trek writer/producer. "While I'm sure he'll make his mark in the future on many other shows and films, I have no doubt that Ron's sure hand and ample talent will forever be missed on the frontlines of the final frontier," he wrote. "In any event, he has left a legacy of Star Trek stories that cannot be taken away. Live long and prosper, Ron Moore."
- Moore himself posted his last-ever message to his AOL folder. "Well, folks it's true. I've left Voyager and Star Trek," he wrote. "I know there's a lot of speculation out there as to the how's and why's of my departure, but I'd really rather not get into the details of what happened. (Dirty laundry and all that.) What I will say is that I realized that it was time for me to move on and that I left more out of sorrow than in anger. I have no bitter feelings over what happened and I wish everyone associated with Trek and with Voyager only the best."
Farwell Ron Moore
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Enemy Within' at 100:00 a.m Eastern time, repeated at 4:00 p.m. The Next Generation's 'Darmok' will be shown at 12:00 p.m. DS9's 'Past Tense, Part One' will be shown at 5:00 p.m and Voyager's 'The Killing Game, Part One' will be shown at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation's 'Tin Man' at 17:00 GMT. Voyager's 'Friendship One' will be shown at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- We regret that we are unable to provide listings for German television today, due to problems wiht the Sat 1 site.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Magnificent Ferengi' at 18:00 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'The Way To Eden' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Mudd's Women' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Ensign Ro' at 12:00pm, a repeat of 'Mudd's Women' at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Past Tense, Part 2' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'The Killing Game, Part II' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Hollow Pursuits' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:35. BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'One Small Step' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- We regret that we are unable to bring you the German television listings today, due to a problem with the Sat1 website. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'One Little Ship' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing DS9's 'Time's Orphan' at 12:00 midnight. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule