Site ColumnsBy Lisa
June 10, 2002 - 2:19 AM
What a strange week it's been. It's really odd to see flags flying from everywhere.
First there were the Golden Jubilee celebrations that were truly magnificent. Then the England football team beat Argentina - the team who knocked us out of the tournament on two occasions and one of the hot favourites to lift the trophy. And we actually played well for once, it was a great game for an England fan to watch. Car horns went off in the street, and I swear I heard the national cheer when the final whistle blew. And then last night Lennox Lewis beat Mike Tyson to retain the world heavyweight boxing title.
I don't want to risk jinxing anything, but did the grouchy deity we Brits offended get bored and move on or something?
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Which is the most advanced major race ever depicted in Star Trek?
-Is the Federation too large?
-Answer a holodeck question.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Redemption, Part I' at 10:00pm Eastern Time and 'Redemption, Part II' at 11:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Enterprise's 'Strange New World' at 18:00 Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Disaster' at 15:00 GMT, TNG's 'The Game' at 16:00, and Enterprise's 'Fallen Hero' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the TNG episodes 'The Pegasus' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Datalore' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Savage Curtain' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Mudd's Women' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Preemptive Strike' at 3:0 p.m, DS9's 'Of Love and Profit' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'The Voyager Conspiracy' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show TNG's 'Timescape' at 16:00 GMT, with Voyager's 'Tuvix' at 17:00 and Enterprise's 'Desert Crossing' at 2:00. BBC 2 will show the Star Trek special 'Weakest Link' episode at 17:15. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!