News BulletsBy Christian
June 9, 2000 - 10:20 PM
- According to a press release from Disney, William Shatner (James T. Kirk) will be appearing on the upcoming VHS and DVD release of 'Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins' to perform the song 'To Infinity And Beyond' on the final credits.
- Variety is reporting that Daniel Hugh Kelly, who appeared in 'Star Trek: Insurrection' as Sojef, will be making his feature directorial debut with the independent film 'Shooting Blanks'. The film will start filming in October in Orlando, and was written completely by Kelly, who will also play a supporting role in it. Full plot details can be found in the actual Variety report.
- StarTrek.com has posted a report of last Wednesday's screening of the classic film 'The Time Machine' by the Los Angeles Conservancy. The event was hosted by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) and also featured an appearance by George Takei (Hikaru Sulu). Ryan 'arrived' at the show in an exact replica of the time machine used in the film.
- NikkiDeBoer.com has put up 15 screen captures of the recent appearance by Nicole deBoer on the Showtime film 'Rated X'.
- According to a Hollywood Reporter report, Brent Spiner (Data) will be appearing in a four-hour miniseries called 'It's A Girl Thing', also on Showtime. The show will deal with the life of a different woman who is connected to other women through a common therapist. Thanks go out to Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans! for this!
- AntonyF at Fandom's Star Trek Central has put up a short article about the third annual Galaxy Ball, which will be hosted by Robert Beltran (Chakotay) on the 14th of October. The article contains info on pricing, schedule, and expected guests.
- BBC News is reporting that the first tests with a high-energy laser weapon to shoot a missile out of the sky have succeeded in US testing grounds in New Mexico. Thanks go out to Vedran for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.