News BulletsBy Caillan
May 9, 2003 - 6:23 AM
- A UK journalist is looking for the most fanatical Trek fans on the net
for an article in one of Europe's biggest selling Internet magazines. Read below for more information:
If you're interested in being identified as one of the biggest Trek fans online and you have a story to tell that backs up your fanaticism (i.e. you've spent an extraordinary amount collecting Trek stuff, have a nitpicking web site that studies the minutiae of TOS or have a restraining order preventing you from getting within 100 yards of Brent Spiner) get in touch with him and your fannishness may be featured in a mag you'll know from the shelves of WH Smith!
If you are interested in participating, send an email to email@example.com.
- William Shatner (James T. Kirk) is being sued by his ex-wife, Marcy Lafferty Shatner, for breach of contract, according to Kentucky.com. She is alleging the actor provided horse semen in frozen form, rather than in the specified "fresh, cooled format". Read more at this page. Thanks to 'Stovelkor' and others who sent this in!
- William Shatner will be appearing on the cable show The Screen Savers on TechTV today at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Further information can be found here.
- Zap2it reported Whoopi Goldberg's (Guinan) untitled sitcom pilot is likely to be picked up by NBC for next season.
- Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) was nominated for a Lucille Lortel Award for Tea At Five, but lost out to Tovah Feldshuh (Golda's Balcony) at Monday night's ceremony. Photos from the event are available at Playbill. Thanks to Totally Kate for this!
- Enterprise creator Brannon Braga will be appearing at a Star Trek event organised by the University of California, Santa Cruz, Alumni Association on Saturday, May 17. Further information is available at this page.
- Three-time Trek guest star Fionnula Flanagan (V'Lar in "Fallen Hero") can be seen in tonight's Murder She Wrote telemovie at 9:00 p.m. on CBS, according to StarTrek.com.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will return to Australian screens next week on the Nine Network. The season seven premiere, "Shadows and Symbols", will air at midnight on Tuesday, May 13. Thanks to Daniel Clarke for this!
- Inon Zur, who composed the music for several Trek computer games, including Starfleet Command 2, will be featured in the June 2003 issue of Computer Music magazine.
- An MP3 of music from "Horizon" can be downloaded at composer Mark McKenzie's official web site. Thanks to Matt Klamm for this!