News BulletsBy Christian
May 9, 2000 - 10:17 PM
- Patrick Stewart - the Actors' Actor is reporting that 'The Ride Down Mt. Morgan', the new Broadway play featuring Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), was nominated for the Tony theater awards in the 'Best Play' and 'Best Performance by a Featured Actress'. Stewart was not nominated for his role, and the site speculates this may be due to his recent attack on the producers of the play.
- Emily Farache at E! Online has written a short article on James Doohan (Montgomer Scott), who became father to a baby girl named Sarah on the 11th of April. According to his manager, Doohan "is a happy new dad and feeling younger than ever".
- Celestis Inc., which launched the cremated remains of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry in orbit around space more than three years ago, has announced it will soon offer people the opportunity to be buried on the Moon. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- TV Guide is reporting that Jackie Mason spoke out at the end of his 'Much Ado About Everything' show about the recent attacks by Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) on the organisers of his Broadway play 'The Ride Down Mt. Morgan'. Mason told his audience, "I think aliens kidnapped the real Patrick Stewart while he was doing that Star Trek series. The Shuberts are great."
- StarTrek.com is reporting that two new films opening this Friday also feature roles by Trek alumni. 'Center Stage' features Donna Murphy (Anji in 'Insurrection') as Juliette, while 'Screwed' features Daniel Benzali (a surgeon, TNG's 'Samaritan Snare') and Sarah Silverman (Rain Robinson, Voyager's 'Future's End').
- In an article by Variety's Michael Schneider, it is mentioned that UPN will be launching a new branding package, code named 'Full Metal Packet' and based on 'WWF Smackdown!', sometime in the next few weeks.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.