News BulletsBy Caillan
April 9, 2003 - 8:58 AM
- StarTrek.com reported that Anthony Caruso, who played Bela Oxmyx in the original Trek's "A Piece of the Action", passed away last Friday aged 86.
- Trek novelist Josepha Sherman will be a guest of honour at the 11th Annual Young Authors Conference in Athens, TN. Details are available at the Daily Post-Athenian.
- Playbill reported the Broadway run of Life x 3, starring Brent Spiner (Data), has been extended to July 6.
- Star Trek Nemesis is one of several films which will be offered by InDemand's video-on-demand service under the terms of a new agreement with Paramount Pictures, Reuters reported.
- A new article at SyFy Portal looks at some pricey pieces of Trek memorabilia up for grabs.
- TNN will air Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes at 3:00 p.m. on weekdays as part of its new afternoon line-up, which includes Seven Days and Highlander.
- Paramount Pictures has opened a new official Trek web site for Spanish readers at StarTrek.es. Thanks to Rosendo Manrique for this!
- Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) recently talked to ABS-CBN News about the challenges of appearing alone on stage in Tea At Five. "Usually one has other partners on stage. There's a sense of, you know, balance, because you can always measure yourself off someone else." Read more at this page.
- The Hollywood Reporter's Cynthia Littleton looks at UPN's upcoming hip-hop drama series Platinum in a new article.
- The Lady Washington, which doubled for the nautical version of the USS Enterprise in Star Trek: Generations, was recently used in the film Pirates of the Carribean, according to Tribnet.com.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.