News BulletsBy Michelle
March 9, 2006 - 1:42 AM
- The Sid City Forums have photos of Alexander Siddig (Bashir) and his co-stars in Hannibal.
- Vaughn Armstrong (Forrest) will chat with TrekUnited on Monday, March 13th at 9:00 p.m. EST.
- The Tim Russ Tribute Page has new photos of Tim Russ (Tuvok) working on his new short film Eye of the Beholder, which he wrote and is directing.
- TrekWeb reports that Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will join a celebration tomorrow to celebrate the career of movie producer Jack Broder at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.
- Soundtrack.net has a note on the score for the film The Attackmen starring Dominic Keating (Reed).
- A report at Sci Fi Wire on The 4400 quotes former Deep Space Nine executive producer Ira Steven Behr about upcoming new directions for the show's upcoming third season, addressing the show's mythology and main characters.
- The latest contest at Decipher, in partnership with the History Channel, offers to send a fans to meet William Shatner (Kirk) at the 40th anniversary Star Trek convention in Las Vegas and other prizes.
- And Decipher has articles on cards to incite surprise, Where Were You 900 Years Ago? and part two of the playtester interview.
- The German StarTrek-Index has an article on Trek novelist Esther Freisner.
- The March/April 2006 book preview at Sci Fi Pulse looks at developments in the DS9 and Voyager lines.
- DVD Review notes that now that Crash has won the Best Picture Academy Award, it will be a two-disc DVD release. Marina Sirtis (Troi) appears in the film.
- And TV Shows on DVD noted that Mark Lenard (Sarek)'s Here Come the Brides will arrive on DVD in May.
- The Dallas Comic Con at the end of April will have several Star Trek guests, including Gates McFadden (Beverly Crusher) and Dwight Schultz (Barclay).
- Jonathan Frakes (Riker) will autograph personalized photos for Creation customers for $99.99 apiece through April 5th.
- MSNBC has an article on the internet dating site TrekPassions.com and other specialty sites.
- The Toque has a comic article on the (regrettably fictional) Chia Spock.
- StarTrekGamers has an interview with MadDoc and Bethesda Softworks staffers developing and marketing Star Trek: Legacy and Tactical Assault.
- TrekCore.com has added the recent Family Guy TNG Parody, its original series Timeline, and DVD capture galleries for Voyager's "Cold Fire" and "Maneuvers" and Enterprise's "Civilization".
- And finally, TrekCore.com's "humiliate our webmaster" fundraiser has raised over half of the yearly operating budget of $400 ($215 as of March 6th) - to contribute, you can buy products or donate via PayPal - deadline to "humiliate the webmaster" is May 23rd.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.