News BulletsBy Michelle
August 8, 2006 - 2:34 PM
- Sid City, the fan site of Alexander Siddig (Bashir), reports that because of work committments, the actor is unlikely to attend August conventions in Birmingham or Las Vegas.
- Israeli Star Trek fan club Starbase 972 has an interview in Hebrew with Jeffrey Combs (Shran) with exclusive, never-before-seen photos of how the makeup for Shran was applied to Combs.
- Jewish-Theatre.com has an interview with Leonard Nimoy in which he discusses the fact that playing Spock guaranteed that he would never have difficulty getting work again. Thanks to TrekWeb.
- Planet Xpo has launched a 40th anniversary tribute blog that will include entries by Star Trek actors, writers and notable science fiction writers including Walter Koenig (Chekov) and Arthur C. Clarke. Highlights will be shared at the Gala Celebration in Seattle the weekend of September 8th.
- Planet Xpo is also now selling daily admission tickets and photo pre-orders for the celebration at the Science Fiction Museum.
- Galileo 7 has posted a guest list for its October convention, including numerous DS9 alumni and the Enterprise Blues Band.
- The USS Justice, which produces Tales of the Seventh Fleet, will hold a 40th birthday party for Star Trek at the Morris County Library on September 23rd.
- Next Gen alumni and comedians Jason Alexander (Kurros) and Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) will appear next season on Everybody Hates Chris, notes if magazine.
- TV Guide Insider has an interview with Enterprise co-creator Brannon Braga about his plans for his cancelled series Threshold, which will soon air on the Sci Fi Channel.
- The Trek XI Report quotes an unnamed insider as saying that the upcoming eleventh feature film will focus not on Starfleet Academy but on Captain Kirk's first command aboard the Enterprise.
- StarTrek.com is now listing a suggested retail price of $62.99 for The Animated Series on DVD, a significant increase from the originally reported price of $35.99. Thanks to TrekCore.com.
- Curious about what happened to the wax figures of the original Star Trek crew from the recent Movieland Museum sale? Enterprise Wax reveals that they'll be making the rounds. Thanks to Jackie.
- All Star Trek: Voyager, Deep Space Nine and Enterprise episode screen captures have been released at TrekCore.com, joining the Next Generation and movie screen caps. Original Series caps will be released over the next few months for the 40th anniversary. The site also has new avatars and will be releasing a tribute video to Gene Roddenberry on August 19th, which would have been his 85th birthday.
- Soul of Star Trek ponders Trek XI, a fitting TNG finale and fan films.
- Amok Times reports a change in Rittenhouse Archives' Rewards collector cards mailings, which should now be sent to: Rittenhouse Rewards, P.O. Box 72176, Durham, NC 27722-2176. Customer service remains at: Rittenhouse Archives, P.O. Box 377, Jenkintown PA 19046 or questions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A sociology professor in Illinois is looking for Star Trek fans over 18 for a research study. If you are interested in participating, please see this web site.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.