News BulletsBy Caillan
August 8, 2001 - 10:24 AM
- Boston Public actor Anthony Heald told TV Guide that his character of Vice Principal Scott Guber might well be interested in Jeri Ryan's new character on the show. "She is obviously somebody that would interest Guber," he grinned. "My character is male and he is heterosexual. Of course he's going to be interested!"
- An interview with former Galileo7 convention organisator Jens Stegemann can be found here at the German Star Trek index.
- The August 11th issue of the Canadian TV Guide included a look behind the scenes of Enterprise. Senior Writer Brian Hartigan was impressed with the level of detail on the set, describing the Armory set as the "most Original Star Trek-ish." The article also featured a sidebar interview with production designer Herman Zimmerman, who said that "the script is the Bible, the director is God, and the art director is God's right arm." Thanks to John Holt for this!
- The Memory Bank Foundation, as envisioned by Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and Jim Spencer, has launched as a charitable foundation dedicated to preserving biographical information for posterity. More information can be found in this press release or at the foundation web site. Thanks to Andulasia for this!
- An editorial looking at the various perceptions of Deep Space Nine has been posted at SciFi 2000. Thanks to Tiberius for this!
- Media historian Jeff Evans has ranked the original Star Trek series as the third most influential television program of all time, behind Fawlty Towers in second place, and Dr. Who, in first. Further details can be found in this Reuters article.
- The official site has posted a round-up of Star Trek alumni in the movies and on television.
- Recent articles posted about Patrick Stewart's (Jean-Luc Picard) upcoming role in 'Johnson Over Jordan' can be found at icHuddersfield.co.uk, Whatsonstage.com and Ananova.com. Thanks to Patrick Stewart - The Actor's Actor for this!
- Over at Delta Blues Jim Wright (with the help of Mary 'monkee' Wiecek) has posted his full review of 'Repression'.
- Enterprise stars Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) and Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) will appear on British television tonight. Keating will appear in the Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode 'Helpless' at 6:00pm on Sky One, and Montgomery will guest star in the Popular episode 'The Sweetest Taboo' at 8:00pm on Sky One. Montgomery will also appear in the three succeeding episodes of the series. Thanks to John for this!
- A special video edition of the Voyager episode 'Workforce' has been released in Germany. Thanks to Tino Herrmann for this!
- Thirty-two photos from the 'Voyager: The Return' convention have been posted at The Daily Trekker.
- The Voyager syndication and UPN schedules have been updated at Psi Phi.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.