Site ColumnsBy Lisa
July 8, 2001 - 1:18 PM
No-one mention the tennis.
This could have been it - the first time since the late 1930's there was a British male tennis player in the Wimbledon final.
But no, thanks to some appauling weather and a Croat with a demon serve the whole nation is now in a depression.
Our only hope is David Coulthard at next week's Silverstone Grand Prix.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Investigate the curious prevalence of the letter K.
-How would you introduce someone to Trek?
-Which character from a previous series would you liek to see in Enterprise?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Thursday July 8th, 1999:
- Farewell Ron Moore
The site published its farewell to Ron Moore feature. The feature dealt with everything related to the then recent Ron Moore / Brannon Braga rumours, and included everything from opinion articles to a special mailbag. You can still read it here in our arcive.
- Stop CGi!
Julia Houston's new article at about.com looked at the increased use of CGI animation in Trek:
Stop the madness! Bring back models! Bring back matt drawings! I don't care that CGI is so much more convenient! I don't care that it's cutting-edge art! It looks dumb! It makes the actors look dumb when they don't turn to each other and say, "Geeze, this alien king dude looks like something from The Little Mermaid."
The article is still avaialble to read here. Two years later, Enterprise the next Trek series, will feature ships almost exclusivley created by computer animation.
More headlines from that day can be found in our July 1999 arcives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! In our new poll we take the opposite approach and ask who you;d like to spend some time in a lift with.,
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'The Lights Of Zetar' at 10:00am Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Naked Time' at 10:00am Eastern Time and TNG's 'Redemption, Part II' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Hero Worship' at 13:00 GMT, TNG's 'Violations' at 14:00, TNG's 'The Masterpiece Society' at 15:00, and TNG's 'Conundrum' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- We are unable to bring you the German television listings because of a problem with the Sat1 site. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Enemy Within' at 100:00 a.m Eastern time, repeated at 4:00 p.m. The Next Generation's 'Darmok' will be shown at 12:00 p.m. DS9's 'Past Tense, Part One' will be shown at 5:00 p.m and Voyager's 'The Killing Game, Part One' will be shown at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation's 'Tin Man' at 17:00 GMT. Voyager's 'Friendship One' will be shown at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- We regret that we are unable to provide listings for German television today, due to problems wiht the Sat 1 site.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Magnificent Ferengi' at 18:00 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!