News BulletsBy Caillan
July 8, 2001 - 7:37 AM
- People magazine reported that LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge) is currently recovering after donating a kidney to his mother, Erma Burton, who has diabetes. Our best wishes go out to both of them. Thanks to the Trekker Newsletter for this!
- The new DS9 Horizons petition has just surpassed the 2,100 mark. The organisers are asking that anyone who signed the original petition, but hasn't signed the new one, to head over to the website.
- William Shatner (James T. Kirk) is set to lend his voice to the animated feature film, 'Lil' Pimp,' according to this story at Carlton.com. The film is set to be the first motion picture to be created with the Macromedia Flash software. Thanks to Tiberius for this!
- James Darren will be appearing on KCBS-TV's Woman 2 Woman on Tuesday July 10th, for those in the Los Angeles area. Darren will be promoting his new CD, entitled 'Because Of You,' which can currently be ordered here at Amazon.com. Thanks to Jamie McGregor for this!
- StarTrek.com has posted a preview of the poster featuring all the Star Trek TV Guide covers, due to be released in this week's edition of the magazine. The other side of the poster will contain the first image of the new Enterprise.
- The official site reported that Malcolm McDowell (Soran) will be hosting a fundraiser at the Ojai Film Festival. More information can be found at the Festival website.
- Psi Phi has updated the Voyager syndicated schedule through early August.
- Kilian Melloy at Wigglefish has posted his review of 'Section 31: Abyss.' "In one sense, Abyss skates along the boundary of parody for both the genres it represents, Star Trek and spy thriller," he wrote. "But the book also serves to shake things up, to do what satire does most constructively — force a good hard look at the status quo and the flaws that are easy to edit out of awareness." Thanks to Psi Phi for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.