News BulletsBy Christian
May 8, 2000 - 10:40 PM
- In a press release from Morgan Digital Studios, a creator of 'web-friendly video', just announced that Kelvin Duckett has joined the company as Chief Executive Officer and President. Several years ago, Duckett served for one year as Managing Director of Pacific Ocean Post, working on 'Star Trek', among other projects.
- Cable network VH1 just announced it will be producing a series of original movies to air during Summer 2000. On the 16th of August, they'll be airing 'At Any Cost', also starring Cyia Batten, one of the actresses who portrayed Ziyal on DS9.
- Global Icons, an entertainment licensing company, has just announced that their Kenneth Abrams will be handling marketing for Baby Genius, a site on child development. Abrams previously worked as Director of Licensing at Paramount Pictures, a role in which he also handled Star Trek.
- StarTrek.com has put up an article on 'A Stitch In Time', the new DS9 novel by Andrew Robinson (Garak). In it Robinson talks about creating the story for this autobiography of DS9's plain and simple tailor.
- Great Day America Home & Garden has put up an article on the LA home of Robert Picardo (the Holodoc), which they visited for a home decor profile. Thanks go out to Amy Hightower and Gustavo Leao for this!
- According to Psi Phi's Captain Sulu Novel Progress Report Page, 2 more eligible letters in support of a Captain Sulu came in, bringing the total amount of received letters to 820. A thousand letters needed to have been sent to Pocket for it to publish a Captain Sulu novel, meaning it is unlikely this goal will be achieved.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.