News BulletsBy Christian
April 8, 2000 - 11:25 PM
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has made a few changes to the Year 2001 schedule for the Star Trek novels, reflecting a few changes in paperback reprint dates. In addition, he's made an update to the 'Captain Sulu' novel campaign progress report: so far 120 letters have been received by Pocket Books, who have said they'll publish a new Captain Sulu novel if they receive a thousand individual letters.
- The German SF-Radio.de has been updated with new editions of their online radio shows 'TrekMINDS' and 'Audio 51'. TrekMINDS features an item on the latest Star Trek books, a summary of the latest Trek news, and an item about the German company responsible for dubbing the episodes. Audio51, dealing more with SF in general, is this time presented in a special anniversary edition. Thanks go out to Corona for this!
- Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans! is reporting that on the 30th of May a 'Gepetto' video will be released at a price of $19.95. In all likelihood this will be the home video release of Disney's upcoming made-for-tv musical, also starring Brent Spiner (Data) and featuring appearances by René Auberjonois and Scarlett Pomers (Naomi Wildman).
- Jose Gonzalez sends along word that James Cromwell (Zefram Cochrane) has joined the cast of Fail Safe, the George Clooney-starring live film CBS will soon be showing. In the film, Cromwell portrays a computer defense system developer.
- The 40th anniversary screening of the classic film 'The Time Machine', which will be hosted by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), will be held at the Orpheum Theater instead of the Los Angeles Theater. The event will still be held on the 7th of April. Thanks go out to the JLR for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.