Paramount Not Shopping 'Enterprise' To SpikeBy Michelle
March 8, 2005 - 8:11 PM
While one major newspaper sparked rumours earlier this week that Spike TV might pick up Star Trek: Enterprise for a fifth season, other publications are now reporting that those indications were premature.
Spike TV spokeswoman Debra Fazio said last Friday in The Boston Herald that picking up Enterprise "would definitely be something we would look at, and we know how devoted the show's fans are. Spike, which already reruns Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine and which holds the rights to air Voyager next year, would seem to be an ideal venue if Enterprise is to have another season.
But Fazio told The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the network directors were "not actively going out there looking to bring it to Spike."
Sci Fi Wire, which is published by the official web site of the Sci Fi Channel - another oft-mentioned potential venue for Enterprise, though the network has not expressed interest in picking up the show - quoted Fazio as saying that her statement was misconstrued. "We can't say yes or no until it's proposed to the network, and that hasn't happened yet," she said.
Despite offers to Paramount of fan donations of more than three million dollars to save the series, UPN told The Boston Herald that the series had been irrevocably cancelled, and executive producer Rick Berman has stated that he believes the series to be too expensive for a cable network to produce.