News BulletsBy Michelle
February 8, 2006 - 9:12 PM
- All TrekBBS users: Please update your e-mail address. AntonyF notes that you do not have an up-to-date email listed in your account, it may be deleted.
- Trek United is still lobbying for the return of Enterprise and will have a chat tonight in conjunction with a phone-fax-email campaign, with special guests including writer Manny Coto, actress Chase Masterson (Leeta) and filmmaker Rod Roddenberry.
- There are new details of the fourth and final episode of Eleventh Hour starring Patrick Stewart (Picard) at The PSN, noting that in the installment premiering on ITV1 on February 9th, Professor Hood investigates a doctor who claims a patient was cured of cancer by drinking spring water.
- New Zealand's Stuff has a brief article on Leonard Nimoy (Spock)'s Super Bowl ad and his new book of photographs of members of the Fat Bottom Revue. "They are interested in fat liberation. Their self-esteem is strong," he said.
- Nimoy's Super Bowl commercial may be viewed at AOL Sports.
- Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher)'s Book of Days, in which a man receives a book with advance information about when people will die, will be available on DVD from Amazon.com soon.
- Totally Kate! reports that the character Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) will play in The Exonerated in London is Sunny Jacobs; she will appear from April 18-30th.
- The fifth season of The Twilight Zone's definitive edition has been released on DVD and can be ordered from Amazon.com. William Shatner (Kirk)'s classic episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" is in this set.
- Contact Music reports that a British homicide investigator is planning to claim Shatner had a hand in his wife Nerine's death by drowning, holding a press conference on the Star Trek set at L.A.'s Hollywood Museum. Shatner's assistant calls the press conference outrageous.
- The Patriot-News reports that Conrad John Schuck, who played the Klingon ambassador in two Star Trek feature films, will reprise the role of Daddy Warbucks in Annie in Hershey.
- Several news items about Trek writers: New York Comic-Con, which runs from February 24th to 26th, will feature signings by several of Pocket Books' Star Trek authors, including Keith R.A. DeCandido, Christopher L. Bennett and Michael Jan Friedman. Thanks to Jacqueline Bundy.
- Former Pocket Books editor John Ordover has provided links at the TrekBBS to non-Trek books by Trek authors, edited and published by former Trek editors.
- Former Trek producer and current Battlestar Galactica exec Ronald D. Moore will be the keynote speaker at the 2006 Game Developers Conference, according to Yahoo!
- Backstage has reviewed Tour de Farce, co-written by Star Trek episode writer Philip LaZebnik.
- SMRT-TV has a feature on unlikeable protagonists, among whom they include DS9's Dr. Bashir.
- Decipher has an article on the Restorative Responsibility CCG card to destroy events in opponents' cores.
- TrekCore.com has uploaded screen captures from Voyager's "Jetrel."
- The Inquirer looks into delays in the production of Sona's Star Trek communicator phone.
- And Creation Entertainment warns that gold packages for its Grand Slam convention in March in Pasadena are almost sold out and must be ordered by February 10th.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.