News BulletsBy Michelle
January 8, 2006 - 8:59 PM
- Nana Visitor (Kira) talks about the second season of Wildfire, working with horses and the young cast regulars at Zap2It.
- John de Lancie (Q) narrates a show about black holes at the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- BakulaNews.com notes that Scott Bakula (Archer)'s Quantum Leap is being broadcast in the UK on ITV3 at 6 p.m. weekdays.
- The Sid City Forums congratulates screenwriter Stephen Gaghan on his WGA Award nomination for Syriana, which stars Alexander Siddig (Bashir).
- Creation Entertainment is selling autographed photos of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart in character as Kirk and Picard.
- Creation has also announced that Tim Russ (Tuvok) has joined the lineup for its August anniversary convention at the Las Vegas Hilton.
- Sev Trek speculates on whether Piker's or Beta's twin is better looking.
- About.com has a list of ten recommended Star Trek sites by Julia Houston.
- iFMagazine gets Stargate: Atlantis star Joe Flanigan to describe the differences between working on a shaking set like Star Trek's versus having to act the shaking.
- TV Week reports that NBC's controversial show The Book of Daniel, which has angered several Christian groups in the US, is being replaced at WGBC in Mississippi with a Star Trek: Enterprise rerun and an ice skating special.
- Speaking of Enterprise, The Daily Trekker notes that SAT.1 will begin airing the fourth season of the show for the first time in Germany beginning February 12th with the dubbed "Sturmfront".
- Star Trek Hypertext has posted a wrap-up of the fourth season of Star Trek: Enterprise and a capsule review of The Next Generation pilot "Encounter at Farpoint".
- The first season of SeaQuest DSV was released on DVD in North America on Dec. 26th. Alex tells us that among the Trek connections are a guest appearance by Shatner, episodes written by Melinda Snodgrass, and regulars during the first season including Stephanie Beacham (Countess Regina Barthalomew), Richard Herd (Admiral Paris), Marco Sanchez (MACO Corporal Romero) and W Morgan Sheppard (Ira Graves, Qatai, Rura Penthe Warden).
- The G4 network, which began running Star Trek reruns this month, has a Star Trek: The Next Generation Essential Buyers Guide.
- And StarTrek.com has a report on G4's planned schedule, starting with a marathon tonight.
- The Make a DS9 Movie Campaign has evolved into the Make a DS9 Mini-Series Campaign with a new web site, links and information.
- TrekCore has screen caps from DS9's "The Abandoned."
- And icHuddersfield has a feature on the worst possible names-by-marriage that anyone could acquire, noting,
Nog, who is Quark's brother on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, has no other name, so he uses it twice when getting a marriage license (are you with me so far?). If he married Howard Hughes and then Dan Dare, he'd be Nog Nog Hughes Dare.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.