Site ColumnsBy Lisa
December 7, 2001 - 10:55 PM
I went Christmas shopping with my sister yesterday. Well, technically, she shopped while I carried the bags and helped decide on those difficult choices.
The city centre was buzzing up until 10 o'clock at night when we left, with traffic queues in and out. I can't imagine what shopping in the day must be like there. I certainly don't intend to be there to find out.
Annoying as the bustle was, I must admit the general atosphere was quite nice. With the Christmas lights switched on and stalls selling hot chestnuts and santa hats in the streets.
Even so, I'm very relieved I got most of mine done back in October.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Which character would you most like to punch?
-Read another Klingon forehead solution!
-Pick the Worst Trek Dialogue.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Tuesday December 7, 1999:
In a new article by Michael Hinman looked at the rift which exists between fans of the Original Series and fans of the Next Generation. The Original article can still be found here.
A new report appeared about 'The Green Mile' the film adaption of the Stephen King novel that was due to be released in the US in a week. One of the stars of the film is James Cromwell, who appeared in 'First Contact' as Zefram Cochrane, and had three more guest appearances on the television series in other roles. In the film, he'll be playing prison warden Hal Moores, head of a Southern prison in 1935.
More headlines from that day can be found in our December 1999 archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Icarus Factor' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Descent, Part I' at 9:00pm, TNG's 'Descent, Part II' at 10:00pm and TNG's 'Tin Man' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Changeling' at 6:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Return to Tomorrow' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Peak Performance' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Renaissance Man' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Phage' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing 'Star Trek Generations' at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Collaborator' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'The Chute' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'The Wire' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Return to Tomorrow' at 10:00 a.m eastern time, followed by the Next Generation's 'Peak Performance' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges' at 12:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Renaissance Man' at 1:00 a.m.
- In the United Kingdom, BBC 2 will show the Original Series episode 'By Any Other Name' at 12:25 p.m GMT. Sky One will show the Next Generation's 'The Naked Now' at 14:00, 'Code of Honour' at 15:00, 'Haven' at 16:00 and Voyager's 'The Cloud' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!