Site ColumnsBy Caillan
October 7, 2002 - 3:05 PM
Link of the day: Archaeologists have discovered what seems to be a 16th century Portuguese or Spanish wreck in Queensland, Australia.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What happened to the Organians?
- Are the Vulcan and Romulan languages similar?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: What did you think of the 3rd Firefly episode?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on October 7, 2000:
- LeVar Burton Interview
Speaking with Star Trek: The Magazine, LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge) praised Voyager's 100th episode, 'Timeless,' which he directed:
"I thought 'Timeless' was a really excellent, well written, well realized episode. It was outstanding. I had many conversations with Brannon [Braga], and I really felt, more than ever before, that I had an ability to impact the material. But I think that may be because, not only have I done so many of these things, but I've also gone off and done other projects, and I think they see my contributions in a different light now than maybe they used to."
- Richard James Interview
Richard James, Voyager's production designer, answered questions from fans at StarTrek.com.
Q: What was the most complex set you designed for Voyager?
RJ: Well, we started off the season with a very complex set because they wanted reflective walls ["Unimatrix Zero, Part II"]. In designing that I kept the reflective walls only on one side, the outside walls of the set so that the camera couldn't see itself. That would be one of the more complex sets.
- Site Columns
Christian posted a rather amusing story about a close encounter with Trek head honcho Rick Berman.
More news items can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Hollow Pursuits' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Assignment: Earth' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- We are currently unable to bring you listings for the Space Network in Canada, due to problems with the Spacecast web site.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'By Any Other Name' t 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'The Offspring' at 17:00, with 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country' at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Most Toys' at 8:00pm Eastern Time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Spock's Brain' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- We are currently unable to bring you the Canadian listings due to problems with the Space web site.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing 'The Maquis, Part I' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Omega Glory' at 14:00, and Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Sins of the Father' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, Win Victoria will be showing Enterprise's 'Shockwave' at 22:30, while Imparja will be showing 'Desert Crossing' at 23:00. Channel 9 will be showing 'Voyager's 'Equinox, Part II' at 22:30, while TV1 will be showing DS9's 'Emissary, Part I' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!