News BulletsBy Christian
July 7, 2000 - 10:11 PM
- Fandom.com, the online SF site owning AnotherUniverse and operating several 'Fan Domains', including one on Star Trek, has announced it will be partnering with Neurotrash.com to co-finance and co-produce original short SF programs for webcast.
- The Star Trek Continuum is reporting that Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) will be appearing on 'Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher' today. Tomorrow she'll be a guest on Bravo's 'Inside the Actor's Studio'.
- StarTrek.com is also reporting that Jason Alexander (Kuros, 'Think Tank') will be appearing on Friday's 'The Late Show with David Letterman'.
- Decipher has updated its listing of upcoming Grand Slam tournaments for the year 2000 with a set of events in Belgium, the European Championships weekend. Of course a Star Trek Customisable Card Game match will also happen here.
- Today the new Bruce Willis film 'The Kid' premieres in the US, featuring a small cameo appearance by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine). Her official fan site published the following statement from Ryan on the film, which first appeared in the Summer 2000 issue of Channels magazine: "I have a cameo in the movie The Kid. I play a supermodel who's married to a bad-boy superstar actor who's hired Bruce Willis to fix up his image. He's caught cheating on me, so Bruce Willis' character has to sort of talk me into going on Larry King to say that I'm standing by my man and he has an illness, and the whole nine yards. It's a very funny movie."
- Space.com's Don Lipper has put up an interview with Syd Mead, designer on 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' and 'Blade Runner', along with several other SF films.
- Creation Entertainment has posted the official convention schedules for upcoming Star Trek/Xena conventions in Houston and Memphis. Tim Russ (Tuvok) and Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand) will be appearing in both Houston and Memphis.
- Beginning next Monday, TV Guide will be selling its magazine with six different covers, in honour of the 'X-Men' film. One of the covers features Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.