News BulletsBy Michelle
June 7, 2005 - 10:03 PM
- John Billingsley (Phlox) thanked fans for birthday wishes at JohnBillingsley.net.
- Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine)'s Co-Ed Call Girl will air on Lifetime on June 15th at 1:15 a.m. and 9:15 a.m., reports Jeriholics.
- Robert Picardo (The Doctor) and Brent Spiner (Data) have gotten together to sign posters to raise money for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, which has long been Picardo's charity. Picardo's web site has details.
- In convention news, Spiner and Avery Brooks (Sisko) will appear at Creation's 40th Anniversary Kick-Off convention in Seattle August 6-7th 2005.
- The UFP of South Australia has a report on the recent Terra Nova One convention in Adelaide with Casey Biggs (Damar) and Connor Trinneer (Tucker).
- StarTrek.com's message boards have reports on a recent Philadelphia convention where many Next Generation actors spoke and signed autographs. Thanks to Jim.
- Requisite William Shatner item: on his web site, the Kirk actor laments that during a recent trip to Italy he could not find a plate of spaghetti anywhere along the coast.
- Totally Kate! has several new Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) items, including an interview and screen captures from the KRON 4 Morning News and interviews from the Oakland Tribune and Contra Costa Times on the news page.
- Brannon Braga's producing partner David Goyer talked to Sci Fi Wire about how Threshold was picked up by CBS, saying, "It's very scary. We're really excited."
- The Akron Beacon-Journal has an obituary for devoted Star Trek fan Charles M. O'Donnell II, also known as Klingon Commander K'Chuk Khum. He appeared at many charity functions in authentic Klingon dress.
- There's a Q&A with new executive producer Daron Stinnett at Star Trek Online Universe in which he explained, "I've always loved the core values of Star Trek and I've been a fan of most of the series and all of the films."
- TrekPulse, which has a huge collection of Star Trek screen captures from all the series and films, has a new section devoted to Star Trek: The Animated Series.
- TV Guide is looking to make over a home with rooms designed like Star Trek sets. TrekWeb has contact information.
- Fan production news: A new episode of Star Trek: Hidden Frontier, "Homeport", explores life on Starbase 12 in the midst of war with the Tholians. The sixth season episode is available as a 320 x 180-pixel QuickTime movie.
- And Starship Lexington, an original independent fan film, is looking to launch into production this summer.
- Wigglefish has a review of the first Titan novel, Taking Wing.
- Soon you may be able to wash like a Vulcan: The BBC reports that sonic showers are really being developed. Thanks to Stuart.
- Space.com has a survey of the best space movies of all time, including the original Trek films. Fans can vote for the very best on the site.
- And Soul of Star Trek has speculations on several "alternative futures" for Star Trek on TV and as feature films.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.