News BulletsBy Caillan
June 7, 2003 - 12:13 AM
- The Star Trek Fan Association will be chatting with Trek author Dayton Ward on Sunday, June 8 from 7 to 8 p.m. Eastern Time. Fellow novelist David R. George III will follow a week later on June 15. Thanks to Jackie Bundy for this!
- The line-up of articles and interviews featured in issue 105 of Star Trek Monthly is available at the Titan Magazines web site. Interviewees include Avery Brook (Benjamin Sisko), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), costume designer Bob Blackman and others.
- A brief report on Alexander Siddig's (Julian Bashir) appearance at a convention in Tampa is available at Sid City.
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) has donated three poster master plates autographed by the X-Men cast to be auctioned on eBay to raise funds for Ocean Alliance's 'Save The Whales' campaign. Thanks to the Patrick Stewart Network for this!
- Cinescape's Scott Collura has reviewed Sideshow Toy's polystone busts of Kirk and Spock:
Captain Kirk is represented in all his studly late '60s glory, complete with flowing coif and a determined, steely look on his face that is practically saying, "Come on you Klingon bastards, just try me!"
The busts were awarded an A grade in the full review.
- Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway), will be appearing on Broadway's Best on Saturday, June 14th at 7:00 p.m. on WPIX - WB 11 in New York. Thanks to Totally Kate for this!
- Peter Chianca at North Shore Sunday has penned an editorial on Enterprise and the Trek franchise. Here's an excerpt from the article:
But it seems from the ratings that people just aren't thrilled with Enterprise, even if UPN hasn't given up on it yet. Could it be because people want more complicated, philosophical sci-fi these days? I hope not; I haven't seen The Matrix Reloaded, but just reading a plot summary made me feel like my head was stuck in a porthole.
Read more at this page.