Site ColumnsBy Caillan
June 7, 2001 - 12:54 PM
Well, tomorrow I'm off to Sydney to attend my very first Star Trek convention - the Holodiction Odyssey 2001, featuring Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres), Tim Russ (Tuvok), Garrett Wang (Harry Kim), Robert Picardo (The Doctor), Robert O'Reilly (Gowron) and J.G. Hertzler (Martok).
Suffice it to say, I'm incredibly excited about the chance to see some of the actors live, and to experience the convention atmosphere. Of course, let's hope my nerves manage to settle by the time it comes for autographs.
I'll also be meeting several members of the Trek BBS while I'm down there, so it should be a fun time all round. If anyone else is going - keep an eye out for me, I'll be the clueless con newbie!
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Should the new Enterprise be able to land?
- What do you think would have happened if The Original Series went for a fourth season?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Discuss the new Battlestar Galactica series.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
- New Series In A Year?
An interview by Michelle Erica Green with Kate Mulgrew implied that Series V might premiere at the same time as Voyager's seventh season. However, we now know that Voyager was the only Star Trek show on the air for two years, and that Series V is set to premiere this Fall on UPN.
- What They Left Behind
Alexander Siddig (Dr. Bashir), when talking to Star Trek Monthly, reflected on the possibility of DS9 movies. "I think maybe Paramount will wheel us out 20 years down the road for a revisit," he said. "If they get really ambitious, they'll only wait 10 years - perhaps after people discover us in repeats and appreciate the show more than they do now. That worked very well for the original Star Trek."
- Naomi Wildman Back Next Season
The Official Scarlett Pomers homepage revealed that Scarlett Pomers would be back for Voyager's sixth season as Naomi Wildman. Pomers did in fact reprise the role not only for the sixth season, but also the seventh, appearing as Ensign Wildman's daughter in 'Shattered' and 'Homestead.'
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks what you think should be Captain Archer's beverage of choice.,
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series 'By Any other name' at 5:00 p.m EST.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Next Generation's 'The Most Toys' at 12:00 p.m EST. The Original Series' 'Omega Glory' will be shown at 4:00 p.m, DS9's 'Shadowplay' at 5:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Real Life' will be shown at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation's 'The Emissary' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing The Next Generation's 'Die Sorge der Aldeaner' at 16:00 ECT.
- In the Netherlands, rtl5 will be showing DS9's 'Penumbra' at 18:05 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'The Omega Glory' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Ultimate Computer' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Sarek' at 12:00pm, a repeat of 'The Ultimate Computer' at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Playing God' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Distant Origin' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Peak Performance' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 23:30. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Unimatrix Zero - Teil 2' ('Unimatrix Zero, Part 2') at 20:15 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Strange Bedfellows' at 18:05 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!