News BulletsBy Christian
June 7, 2000 - 11:22 PM
- Reuters is reporting that Viacom has re-opened talks to buy the television stations owned by Chris-Craft Industries. Negotiations over that had been going on several months ago, but broke down over the legal battle which led to Chris-Craft selling its 50% stake in UPN to Viacom. Viacom is reportedly only interested in the stations in markets in which it already owns television outlets, and would sell of the others, as an FCC rule prevents companies from owning stations in more than 35% of the market.
- Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga sends along word that Jeri Ryan was a Girlfriend of the Day at Maxim Online yesterday. She was also a recent Babe of the Day at IGN For Men.
- Jeri Ryan, together with George Takei (Hikaru Sulu), was also present at the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's (GLAAD) 11th Annual Media Awards, held on the 3rd of June in San Francisco. The Official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage has posted a picture on its news page of the two presenting the 'Outstanding Digital Journalism, Individual Article'.
- Mr. Showbiz is reporting that Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) required a police escort after Friday's showing of his Broadway play 'The Ride Down Mt. Morgan'. The reason was that a stalker, who had bothered him for several years before disappearing three years ago, suddenly turned up again. Thanks go out to SyFy World's Michael Hinman for this!
- German web site STVK has been updated with a review and synopsis of Voyager's 'Life Line'.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.